11/24/2012

Black Friday? No thank you, I'll go for a surf.

I'm not crazy about shopping, so when my bestie Kai Brown offered up an adventure to shoot some surfing pictures of him and Ore, I jumped on it no questions asked.  I love a chance to take beautiful pictures - especially when it has to do with surfing, motorcycles, skateboards or vintage cars. It took us about three hours to settle on a location and we ultimately found ourselves in Oxnard.  Black Friday was surprisingly...grey.  A massive fog front rolled in and the boys founds themselves waiting for waves a midst a thick curtain while a fog-horn steered boats away from the shore. I stood on the shore and shot. Enjoy!
*These pictures are not overexposed, it was almost completely white outside.

A surfer assessing the situation from the shore.

Some pros getting a shoot in.



Ore and Kai discussing the breaks.

Ore cleaning off the old wax before applying cold water wax. 

I guess this lady is checking out the waves too!  

Max Dean, chillin before he gets in.

Ore.


Kai.
Surfers peppered on the water.



Bursts of sunlight created "diamonds" on the water.


The boys grouped together, waiting for a wave.


Ore catching a little one. 

Find Ore and Kai is always to his right. 




Ore solo.

The Drop


The shot I waited for all day

No comments: