1/25/2010

Every night I spoon Punksatony Phil

Every morning, for the past five months (wow I've been here for five months?), I wake up, open my eyes and look out the window. The sun is shining, there are no clouds in the sky, it is a perfect sky blue. I think "what work am I doing today?" I no longer see the days as dreadful Monday, almost there Wednesday or exciting Friday. I see them as M.A.C., My Future Girlfriend, internship, networking, fashion show, junket, music video... I don't know the days of the week. The only indicator between one day and the next is that the gardner comes on Monday, street cleaning comes on Thursday, and trash comes on Friday. This morning I heard the gardner weed eating and I thought "I guess it's Monday", shut the curtains and slept for another hour. Sometimes I work for 13 days straight (thank you God!), sometimes I have 3 days off in a row (insert panic here). I love what I do, I love the girls I work with, they are amazing, they are my saving grace. I love my roommates, they are my brothers. I've been lucky enough to love the crews that I work with as well. They have been amazing down to earth, hard working guys. I actually love driving to work and driving around L.A. to run my errands. This city is so different than any other I've ever lived in. I'm STILL not over the palm trees lining the streets, or the mountains, or how if I just happen to look to my right, I'll see the Hollywood sign up on the hill, just in case I forget where I am. I love the crazy people on Hollywood Blvd., and the beautiful people who never step out of the house without hair, makeup and a matching $300 sweatsuit on, just to go to Target. I love the sun, I love that I can go to the beach if I feel like it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the taco stands. I love that I can drive down the street everyday for five months straight and never see the same person twice. I love that I can see the tall glittery buildings of downtown L.A. from my front porch. I just wish I made at least twice as much money as I do now. There are so many things I want to do here! Concerts and art shows and restaurants and riding horses through the mountains and Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory (approximately 15 minutes from me). It's sometimes discouraging, but I am glad that my life is here and I'm pursuing my dream and some major goals. So here I am; wake up, open your eyes, another beautiful day, go to work, come home, work out, drink a glass of wine (thank you God!), watch a movie, make some phone calls, go to bed, pull Punksatony Phil close to me, and do it all again the next day.

5 comments:

TL said...

I love love love this. Almost as much as I love love love you. I hope you keep doing this every single day....you know how much I've always loved reading your written word! It's almost as good as talking to you and I don't get to do that nearly often enough.

Unknown said...

This is soooooo great. Now you know why I hazed you for years to move out there. I knew it was where you needed to be. Big cities are the BEST!!

Jayme Callahan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jayme Callahan said...

I also love love love this! I am so happy you are doing what you love! You belong in a BIG city!!! Love and miss you bunches!!

Doll Parts said...

You inspire me...to get out of my comfort zone, to try the things I have always wanted to, to stop being afraid of what might happen if I fail trying and to enjoy wherever the ride takes me.