10/17/2011

"Nic's Picks" Chanel Precision Rectifiance system

Chanel day and night cream

I’m out of my Remede Moisture Emulsion so I’ve decided to give another brand a try. I went with the Chanel Precision Rectifiance set, using the day cream, night cream and eye cream. My first impression is that the glass containers are incredibly heavy and I wonder if the company uses thick glass to imply luxury, or perhaps it keeps the ingredients better preserved. Either way, it would be massively unconventional to travel with these products. My second impression: it smells. There is WAY too much fragrance in this product to be doing anyone any good. The fragrance was so strong, even when I went to bed I could still smell my face. This was enough to make me want to never use the product again. However, the following morning when I used the day cream (still too much perfume), I discovered I actually like this product. It feels incredibly hydrating, leaves my skin looking dewy and shiny but I was still able to put my makeup on without it getting tacky. My skin felt soft though out the day, but it didn’t get greasy. I still prefer my 3LAB SPF 55 over this day cream however for three major reasons: it is in a plastic tube, it has a higher SPF and there are no overbearing scents erupting from my 3LAB. Lastly, it does just as good of a job as the Chanel at 1/3 of the price.

No comments: