10/26/2011

Dry ice on your face?

I've treated a lot of clients lately with acneic skin and one particular client told me she used to get Dry Ice facials at her dermatologist’s office. I did a bit of research and found out she’s not crazy and it’s actually an older method which has been around for over 40 years. I read an article in the Canadian Family Physician, explaining the prep and technique and I’m interested. The only problem is, I’m a slave to my work and I use myself as a guinea pig all the time so guess who’s getting a dry ice facial. On her arm. Don’t be foolish, why would I do a trial run ON MY FACE!? Especially when I don’t have acne. This method seems so temperamental and easy to mess up – a few seconds too long and we’ve got a burn situation, not long enough and it doesn’t freeze the skin enough to clear the acne…I have to be the one to try it first. So if you see me with funny peely burned looking spots on my arms, don’t fret, I’ve not become a cutter, I’ve become my own science project. Pics to follow.

No comments: