3/28/2013

One Night in Bangkok


Skipping ahead in my chronological account of Southeast Asia, here are a few awesome things before I shut it down in Bangkok tonight.
I’m hungry.   Even after eating a pumpkin custard (I have a small addiction), a banana smoothie (no sugar, no milk) and a chicken skewer I’m still hungry.  Ugh.  I wish someone would kick down my hotel door a la Adam Driver in Girls and present me with tasty treats and then a snuggle. 
I woke up this morning from nearly no sleep in Pai (thanks to a snuggle with a walking, talking coloring book), threw all my things into a bag, hopped into a shuttle/Tuk-Tuk/airplane/taxi and then almost took a 9 hour bus followed by a 2 hour boat ride south to Koh Tao, but I decided “enough is enough” and booked a room instead.
Watching CSI: Miami reminds me of my mom and I like that.
I like Grooveshark better than Spotify and Pandora put together. 
Neither Spotify nor Pandora are available in Thailand or Indonesia.  Also, no Netflix.
I laugh a LOT more when the Sissys and I are cruising around town, wreaking havoc as a bicycle gang.
I haven’t had the thrill of hearing an iphone text alert in over a month and I don’t mind it or miss it, but I really really miss the camera.
Today I learned about the gift your enemies are actually giving you, whilst sitting on the toilet.  

No comments: