8/23/2011

Alpha Beta Glow pads from Dr. Dennis Gross


Our new LA rep for Dr. Dennis Gross popped by last week to drop some knowledge on us about Dr. Gross’ exfoliating pads, professional peels and upcoming products. I’m ALL for exfoliation – in the right time and the right place so I was of course eager to go to this meeting. Dr. Gross uses Alpha Hydroxy Acids and a slew of other amazing exfoliating acids to gently but effectively - almost professionally remove dead skin cells (see the "Gross" picture!), increase cellular renewal, break down free radicals and a few other amazing benefits. The products are also cruelty free, vegan and paraben free! Now for the important part: does it work? I applied the product via small handy wipe, onto my face and neck for approximately 30 seconds. It didn’t tingle or itch or feel like anything really. A chemical exfoliation that doesn’t hurt? Psht, it must be crap, but only time will tell. I will tell you this, the little wipey was chalk-full of my dead skin cells when I was finished applying the product so that’s good! I applied my night cream brushed my teeth and hit the sack. The smell woke me up a few times but that’s a self tanner for you. When I got up this morning I went to the mirror and had a looky. My skin looked really smooth and glowing and felt really soft, the “11s” looked less visible, which I love but my looked like it was kind of stretched tight. A little like a facelift – which I don’t really care for, but washing my face and applying moisturizer completely eradicated that issue. The effects of using the Glow Pad seemed to actually last for a couple of days and my cousin even noticed how good my pores looked and said I had a nice tone. I’ll take that!! I’m giving her a Glow Pad to try today, we’re hitting the red carpet tonight and I’m hoping the effects will be visible by then. We’ll see!

No comments: